Come check out this beauty from yesteryear on display at our showroom until the 17th of September 2021
Trinity Jaguar Land Rover is located at 88 McLeod, Street Cairns City.
The owner of this 1958 Land Rover 88, John Liston, has kindly let us display his prized possession at Trinity Land Rover. John located the vehicle in 2014, in Tasmania, working on a small rural property.
He has complete, down to bare chassis, nut and bolt rebuild. The chassis was galvanised and the vehicle has been restored to near-original specifications, with a number of minor upgrade modifications. It is a working, driving and road registered machine.
Minor modification upgrades include:
Roamer Overdrive; Electric Fuel Pump; LED Turn, Stop and Parking Lights; Wing Mirrors; Water Temperature, Oil Pressure, Engine (Block) Temperature Gauges and Alarm monitoring device; Overdrive Oil Temperature Gauge and 12v Power Output fittings within the Cab.
The vehicle originally entered Australia in CKD (completely knocked down) configuration.
Some specs include:
Land Rover 88 (2 Litre Petrol, Manual 4), model year 1958, version for Worldwide Distribution (including Europe and North America)
• Manufactured by Land-Rover (United Kingdom)
• 2-door soft-top body type
• 4x4 part-time (rear permanent, front engaged manually in off-road conditions), transfer case 2.89/1.15, manual 4-speed gearbox
• Gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 1997 cm3 / 121.5 cui, advertised power: 39 43.5 kW / 52 58 hp / 53 59 PS ( net gross ), torque: 137 Nm / 101 lb-ft
• Characteristic dimensions: outside length: 3569 mm / 140.5 in, width: 1590 mm / 62.6 in, wheelbase: 2235 mm / 88 in
• Reference weights: base curb weight: 1243 kg / 2740 lbs
• Top speed: 99 km/h (62 mph)
• Accelerations: 0- 60 mph 61.4s; 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 24.1
Feel free to visit our showroom in the coming days for a closer look or follow the journey, here: https://www.facebook.com/solihullmaecairns/